Transcript request

To request a copy of a transcript click here to download and complete the online request form.

Ontario Student Transcript

The Ontario student transcript is a comprehensive record of a student’s overall achievement in secondary school and provides a record of standing with regard to secondary school diploma requirements. All students studying in Ontario have an Ontario Student Transcript (OST). Transcripts may be required for university/college application or for many other reasons. The Ottawa-Carleton District School Board (OCDSB) makes transcripts available for former and current OCDSB students upon request.

Ontario Secondary School Diploma

The Ontario Secondary School Diploma is a certificate issued and awarded by the secondary school from which the student has successfully completed graduation requirements as prescribed by the Ministry of Education.

Fees for Transcripts or Diplomas

Two transcripts are issued free of charge to students who have graduated or retired from their secondary school less than one year ago. Subsequent copies are $5.00 each.

Students who have been away from their school for more than one year will be charged $24.00 for the first transcript with a $5.00 charge for each additional copy. A duplicate diploma will be issued at a cost of $24.00. The preferred method of payment is through School Cash Online.  Please click here to access payment.

What will I need if I come to pick up my transcript or diploma?

We are currently not allowing visitors in the school due to Covid-19 restrictions.  We can either mail or email you your documentation.

You will need identification such as a valid government-issued photo identification (ex. health card/driver’s licence) and proof of payment cash, money order, or certified cheque in the amount of $24 for the first transcript and $5 for each additional transcript.

If a parent or friend is requesting the transcript or diploma on your behalf, this must be indicated on the initial transcript request and they must provide ID. 

How long does it take to process a request?

Please allow approximately two weeks to process your request, keeping in mind that secondary school and the school board administration offices may be closed for a period during the summer months.

Can I receive a copy of my transcript or diploma through the mail?

Yes. You will need to complete the Request for Student Academic Records and make sure to include your address in the Current Home address fields.  

Will schools or Corporate Records forward my transcript to a University or College?

Yes. You will need to provide the same information as noted above as well as your university or college student number. Indicate on the Request for Student Academic Records the address to which you would like the transcript emailed. For those applying to an Ontario college, you might also want to use the new Ontario College Application Service now available (see below).

Ontario College Application Service (OCAS)

As of November 28, 2008, there is another option for former students of the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board who want their transcripts forwarded to Ontario colleges. Simply go to, pay the college application and transcript fees (transcript fees are identical to those charged by the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board), and OCAS will send your transcript to all Ontario colleges to which you’ve applied. Students of closed schools of the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board may also use this service. The OCAS service enables your electronic transcript to reach its college destination quickly, and allows you to track the status of both your application and transcript requests online.

Note: Students currently in high school need not request a transcript when making application to a college through OCAS, as this continues to be an automatic process through the high school.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.